4 Antworten anzeigen - 1 bis 4 (von insgesamt 4)
  • Autor
    loganmarshall
    Participant

Hello,
    I have had two training sessions on Version 6 and have been working with the software for nearly six months. I have yet to be able to build a structure so that my FMEA looks like the AIAG 4th Edition Format. I have basically one product (many variants) and I want to create one structure for all. Within the structure I have various assembly/test operations. On a third level I have the basic steps to complete the operations. Can someone help me to come up with the right structure so the output looks like the AIAG 4th Edition format?
    Thanks,
    Logan

Jürgen Eilers
    Keymaster

Only to make sure that we have the same understanding of what exists and what is possible:

A FMEA form sheet is a named and stored report. The form knows which system- and/or process elements belong to the report and beginning from the elements a collection of dependent and linked objects are shown in the report (= FMEA form).

For the content and the header there are specific layouts available, e.g. AIAG. Switching between the different layouts should be part of the training (View – Format – Layout). For printing the presentation print is recommended because you can activate specific print options which will lead to a corporate identity print of the FMEA form, e.g. AIAG.

If you ever have difficulties to find the information in the FMEA form you can input information into the FMEA form and then to synchronize to the Structure Editor. If information is not visible, e.g. cause and effects, the automatic anchoring has to be activated.

Specifying the (FMEA-)reports can be done with the FMEA forms management.

There are different strategies to build structures and create FMEA forms based on a collection of elements. In addition you can work with variants.

The next steps would be: Analysis of existing data, analysis of your requirements, discussing your intentions.

loganmarshall
    Participant

Thanks for your reply. My biggest concern is that the 1st column specified in AIAG 4th edition (Process Step) is not listed in the IQRM form (pg 78). Here, in the 1st column I would like to see the separate operations used to assemble my product. My structure: Root (Top Level) = Air Compressor, 2nd Level = Each Operation used to assemble product (press, torque, test, etc), 3rd Level = the Process Steps within the Operation (Pick parts, load parts, operate machine, remove part). My middle level is connected through functions and failures to both adjacent levels. At the Operation Level (middle) I have a Potential Failure e.g. Low Torque. This should have an Effect on the Customer. My Effects column is blank and it shows up in the Failure column. It seems if I create a FMEA on the middle level it looks correct, but how do I do this for the whole process? I would be happy to send you a file. Thanks for your help.
    Logan

Jürgen Eilers
    Keymaster

Thanks a lot for the explanation. Your structure is with dependant and linked object is correct. The FMEA form collects the information beginning from the process step.

If you want to build an Air Compressor production P-FMEA form you have to select all the (Process-)Elements on the second level and give this FMEA form the name “Air Compressor production”.

The process elements in this FMEA form will not be shown in a first column but in dividing lines in the FMEA form. We have to discuss this internally if you think that this is not acceptable. There are good reasons to integrate the process elements not in a separate column but as a line in the FMEA form.

Creating a FMEA form for the root element will only produce a FMEA form with the correct name but with wrong content. It is better to have the right content (= Elements of the second level) and replace the default name via “Administation – Forms management – open Properties of the selected FMEA form”

Some recommendations:
    You should avoid to integrate system- or process-elements from different levels in the same FMEA form. This will create confusion. Make sure that the root element and the leaf elements (= base element; elements on the lowest level; elements on the third level) are not integrated in a FMEA form.

4 Antworten anzeigen - 1 bis 4 (von insgesamt 4)
  • Sie müssen angemeldet sein, um zu diesem Thema eine Antwort verfassen zu können.